2. What are cookies?
A cookie is a small piece of data (text file) that a website / when visited by a user – asks your browser to store on your device in order to remember information about you, such as your language preference or log in information. Those cookies are set by us and called first party cookies. We also use third party cookies – which are cookies from a domain different than the domain of the website you are visiting – for our advertising and marketing efforts.
- Assisting you in navigations;
- Assisting in registration to our events, login, and your ability to provide feedback (where applicable);
- Analysing your use of our products, services, applications and/or Sites;
- Assisting with our promotional and marketing efforts (including behavioural advertising);
- Granting you access to restricted content;
- Tailoring our Sites’ functionality to you personally by letting us remember your preferences, location or device type;
- Improving how our website performs;
- Understanding who our audience is so that we can provide content most relevant to you;
- Allowing third parties to provide services to our website; and
- Helping us deliver interest – based advertising where appropriate in compliance with the applicable laws.
4. The types of cookies that we use:
We make use of different types of cookies on our Sites. Some of these cookies are placed by us and others are placed by our third party plug‐ins, suppliers or advertisers. These cookies may be deleted from your device at different times, such as the end of your browsing session (when you leave the Site) or after a pre‐set amount of time, or they may exist and function on your device until such time that you proceed to delete them.
5. We use the following types of cookies on our Sites:
Strictly necessary cookies / essential cookies:
These cookies are necessary for the Site to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to request for services, such as setting your privacy preference, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the Site may then not work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
Performance cookies / Site analytics cookies:
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources, so we can measure and improve the performance of our Site. They help us know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the Site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies, we will not know when you have visited our Site.
These cookies enable the Site to provide enhanced functionality and personalisation. They may be set by us or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies, then some or all of these services may not functional properly. These cookies remember who you are as a user to our Site. We use them to remember any preferences you may have selected on our Site, like saving your user name and password or settings.
These cookies may be sent through our Site by our advertising partners, if any. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other Sites. They do not store personal information directly, but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.
6. Deleting cookies: Your internet browser generally accepts cookies automatically, but you can often change the setting to stop accepting them. You can also delete cookies manually. You will be able to delete and control your cookie preferences by following the prompt settings on your preferred internet browser. Deleting or no longer accepting cookies may prevent you from accessing certain aspects of our Site where cookies are necessary or because the website forgot your preferences.
Last updated: 1 July 2021